Friday, May 15, 2009

They're Coming

I have a half mowed front lawn right now. As I was riding around my half acre of heaven, cutting the grass, I had a thought and had to get it out there. This is going to be a long hiatus for me. I can't stop thinking LOST!

Just before Evil John, which is what I am now referring to him as, kicked Jacob into the pit of fire, Jacob uttered: "They're coming"

Once I managed to get over my initial shock, and my grief over the jeep, I began to wonder who "They" were. Once again I am about to put two and two together to equal eleventeen, but I see two options.

  1. Could it be Illana and her people, since Evil John had mentioned about dealing with them? He had face to face contact with both Illana and Cesar, and possibly subconsciously impelled Ben to shoot Cesar, could he have read their thoughts, thus knowing that they could be a detriment to his ultimate goal to control the island? Worth a thought.
  2. Could Jacob have meant the group from 1977? Jack, Sawyer, Kate, Hurley, Miles? Which leads me to another question: Did Jacob put them in 1977 not just because of what they needed to do there (detonate the bomb), but also for safe keeping until they were needed in 2007? And I use safe keeping very loosely here, by the way.

I'm kind of leaning toward the second option and here's why.

Although some of them had a role to play in 1977, they also have a job to complete in 2007. Jacob needed them in both times, but not at the same time. When Lost premiers next January, I'm hoping the first thing we see is that white flash and hear that high pitched whirr.

I can't believe that our 1977 survivors have executed all that the island needs them to. Let's face it, Hurley's destiny is NOT to introduce garlic mayo to the world! There's something inside that guitar case that will help them fight Evil John and restore the islands balance.

And Miles wasn't meant to talk to dead Alverez to learn about some hot chic and fillings being pulled out through the brain, nor was he to meant to enjoy a great relationship with his father. I think he will talk to dead John Locke and find a new loophole that could help to defeat Evil John and, possibly, give Jacob a new, stronger presence on the island. Irony moment! What if Dead John's body becomes the vessel by which Jacob continues?

Just a thought. Now I have to finish mowing the lawn then I need to fix up the pool and, hopefully fill it for the season. But, as I seem to keep having random thoughts and ideas, I'll be back.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're coming ...

    Try looking up "Vril" in Google - Faraday - Em energy - Hollow Earth - lots of interesting links and of course the book that started it all ... "The Coming Race"

    ReplyDelete