Friday, April 24, 2009

Well.............

Nestor Carbonell Has The Most Soothing Voice......

While the clip show this week didn't really tell us anything we didn't know, I learned something new. Nestor Carbonell could make a gazillion bucks recording novels onto CD's! You know which ones I mean. They were originally intended as a tool for the blind so they, too, could enjoy the nuances of a novel without having to concentrate through their fingertips.

So, here`s what the clip show told us.

  1. Eloise Hawking is Daniel Faraday`s mother. No big surprise there.
  2. Charles Widmore did, indeed, stage the fake Oceanic 815 in the Sunda Trench. I`m a bit disappointed by this, actually.
  3. Sun really was going to kill Ben as revenge for Jin`s apparent death.
  4. Desmond is still hot.
  5. No matter how many different angles they shoot Bearded Jack, it`s still a terrifying sight.

Well, that`s it. Just a note to Team Darlton. Never, ever, give Jack a beard again!

4 comments:

  1. Re: Widmore and the wreckage: I'm not sure this is true. Damon and Carlton do not produce the clip shows, and there is a bit of a dispute over whether it is canon. I thought it was an open question, and was very disappoonted, not that Widmore did it, but that it would be revealed in a clip show instead of an actual episode. I'm holding off on accepting it as true until we see it in an episode or Damon and Carlton say it in an interview or podcast. (Also, it makes more sense to me if the new DI did it..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hope that Damon and Carlton would approve at least the narration portion of the clip shows to ensure it follows true to the show, but you have an excellent point. I, too, was hoping it was either Ben or the new DI, and I am certain there's a new DI lead by the "Economist"! I have a few ideas of whom the Economist can be as well, but am holding off on actually asserting it until I have a bit more back up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah... we never knew for sure that all the people Sayid killed worked for Widmore, in fact, I can't remember Ben ever telling Sayid that they were Widmore's men, only that they were responsible for Nadia and that they were a threat to everyone back on the Island. I'm skeptical, too, about discussing what may happen, because I've seen the episode titles and guest cast for the rest of the season and don't want to spoil anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! That's been my sticking point ever since I saw the Economist. Ben never actually stated that Widmore was responsible for Nadia's death, only that the people Sayid killed were.

    ReplyDelete