Monday, April 13, 2009

A few Questions and Maybe one or Two Answers

Every week, usually after I've posted my recap, I visit Lostpedia and read the episode synopsis, just to see if I've missed something important. Like many of you who write recaps I am seriously obsessed with LOST. Unlike many of you, I do not have years of training (university) to show me what to look for in the way of symbolism, recurring themes, etc. Although I can easily see much of the symbolism's, recurring themes and such, they are so obvious to me that I tend to not point them out. If it's obvious to me, I assume it's obvious to everyone else. Which is why I follow blogs such as Dark UFO, Long Live Locke, Nik at Nite, and Mistaking Coincidence for Fate, among others.

I always make sure to credit whichever writer I quote, and if I can't recall where the idea or picture came from, I always try to make sure I note as such. I would also hope that, should I not credit someone with a quote, they would contact me so that I can take the steps to ensure credit is given where credit is due.

On Thursday, news broke about a video recapper who has been stealing, that's exactly what it is, word for word, the works of other bloggers, namely Vozzek69 from Dark UFO and Erica Olsen who writes the Long Live Locke blog, and claiming the work as his own. I find this practice utterly reprehensible and am thankful that I have never heard of this Seanie B person.

With dates of original post clearly stated on the previously mentioned blogs, I am hopeful that intellectual ownerships and copy writes are proven and the matter dealt with as quickly as possible. I also hope that these bloggers keep up their excellent work and understand their true followers rely on not just their analysis' but also their one of a kind points of view.

Namaste and good luck.

Arcticroses

No comments:

Post a Comment