Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, RIP


She's with the real angels now.

I can remember watching Charlie's Angels when I was a kid. I hated Farrah Fawcett because she was so beautiful. More beautiful than anyone I had ever seen. My big sister looked like her. This was my only reason for hating Farrah Fawcett. But then something interesting happened that changed my opinion of the actress. She starred in a mind blowing movie about domestic abuse, the lack of help in society and the results of what happens when a woman is pushed to the limit. The Burning Bed made me realize that Farrah Fawcett was an amazing woman and really could act. Also, she didn't look like my big sister anymore. I learned to love them both eventually.



I am having a more difficult time accepting the news of Michael Jackson's death. While I didn't really like him, I really loved some of his earlier works up to and including Thriller. I recognize that he was an amazing talent; writer, singer, choreographer, director, etc. His list of accomplishments are long and well earned and he deserves to go out with the respect due to him.

His gifts to the world are endless and his fan base equally unending. His fans range in age from 1 to 99 and they all shout their support at the tops of their voices.


I truly hope that he has found the peace that he never seemed to achieve during his living years. I also hope that his family understand that we mourn along side them and offer our love, support and gratitude in these the most difficult of times.

I would like to think that Farrah's spirit stopped to collect MJ's and they proceeded to the Pearly Gates together. The Angel and the King of Pop, hand in hand strolling lightly up the Stairway to Heaven, neither feeling the pain or sorrows of their earthly shackles any longer. Yeah, that's how I'd like to remember them both.

I choose to remember the positive impacts they have had on our lives.

RIP

No comments:

Post a Comment