Friday, September 25, 2009

Yeah, Like It Could Ever.......


ABC is shameless when it comes to plugging it's own shows, aren't they?
Loved the LOST shout out with the Oceanic Billboard and when I spotted it I laughed good and hard.
Do you see it too?
Perfect Safety Record?
I can't read what is written in the middle of the billboard, but anyone else can, please let me know what it says. Not knowing it driving me to distraction.
So, is the billboard placement a mere shout out, or is it a clue to taunt us and keep up guessing about Season 6 and how it will play out?
If Oceanic has a perfect safety record, then flight 815 will land in LAX as expected. If that happens then our beloved survivors will need to find their way back. Oh God, here we go again with the "We have to go baaaaaaack" nonsense. I love Jack, but even I couldn't tolerate that whine.
What do you think? Is it a shameless plug or a clue?

2 comments:

  1. Probably more of a shameless plug, I hope. (Flashforward was great, though, right? I hope it lives up to hype.) I really hope that 815 doesn't land in LA. Whatever happened, happened, we've heard it millions of times. If you really could change the past, don't you think that Ellie would have done whatever she could to save Daniel, instead of resigning herself to his death?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frakkin!
    I agree with you about 815. We will have to wait and see.
    I think that Ellie made many mistakes, the first was using Daniel's journal as a guide. I also think she has done it before, but failed and this time around she was resigned to the fact that whatever she did, it would not change the past. She mistakenly concentrated on the past, rather than the future. Instead of restricting Daniel to studying she should have allowed him to play the piano. He would stilll have become what he was, but he may have had a different thought process.
    Does that make sense? She tried to change the big picture with big actions. Instead, often it's the little things that make the difference.

    ReplyDelete